Thursday 21 October 2010

Long Tailed Tits

A walk down the River Calder and Rochdale Canal this afternoon in the strong winds was accompanied by lots of Long tailed Tits, they seemed to be everywhere. It wasn't until I got home and looked at my photos that I noticed the insect at the centre of the spider's web on this pic:







































but it isn't on this photo taken just 2 seconds later........I've no idea what it was or where it went as I didn't see the LTT take it and eat it. (Click on the photos for a larger view then click on Back to come back here).

Other birds on the waterways were a Moorhen, lots of Mallards of course; 7 Pied Wagtails and 22 Black Headed Gulls at Eastwood Water Treatment Works, then lots more Long Tailed Tits in Shaw Wood along with a Treecreeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment