Saturday 6 November 2010

Busy Pike and Lee Dam

It was very busy at Stoodley Pike this afternoon with para-gliders out as well as a race going on:
At one point I was confused as a bird with different coloured wings and a large wingspan appeared....



Earlier in the day I walked over to Lee Dam and saw 2 Goldcrest, the bird with the smallest wingspan, tagging along with about 8 Long tailed Tits:


It was pity that the leaf got in the way otherwise the last pic could have been really good. Never mind, it still gives me something to aim for - to get a really good shot of a Goldcrest.

At about 9 this morning a large skein of Pink Footed Geese flew over the house heading East. By the time I'd got the bins and started counting they had flown on and I couldn't get a decent view, but there was easily over 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment