Thursday 8 March 2012

New Birth

Spring is here - in feeling if not in man's measurement. Frogs are spawning, birds are nest building and singing and the weather is getting a little warmer.

I watched a pair of Dippers collecting nest material this morning and then take it to their nest location. Unfortunately I decided to go for my walk without the camera so I missed out on some great pictures. Bugger. I can almost guarantee that when I go out without my camera I come across something that would have made a great subject! However, I just felt that I'd go out unencumbered today (apart from the indispensible bins of course) so I knew something would crop up.

I went out again this afternoon with my camera to try and spot the birds again but of course they were taking a break from nest building, and although I saw them down stream from the nest site, they were too distant for pics.

A squirrel was half dozing in its drey though, so I got a shot of that this afternoon -


I'll be out tomorrow morning to see if I can get the Dippers with the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment