Saturday 28 April 2012

White Stork

After walking over the wet and windy hills and reaching my car that we'd left in Littleborough last night at our celebration evening for our daughter's 21st, I headed off to see the White Stork that had been reported by the local Countryside Service. It was down in Luddenden Foot and it was still there when I arrived, which is pretty amazing for me as I usually dip out on such sightings, and we had good views belore it took off and struggled to find a thermal in order to gain height. The local rooks were giving it a hard time the last I saw of it.


The bird was ringed with a small metal ring on the left leg just above the foot so it could be from the Harewood House free-flying birds. After taking off it circled for a while and apparently landed back in the fields after we'd left.

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment