Thursday 17 May 2012

Hornsea

Took a long walk around Hornsea places of interest (to me anyway lol) last Sunday morning and had a brilliant morning. As I opened the door I heard a Cuckoo calling so that was just the start I needed.

A Grasshopper Warbler was next, reeling away on the cliff top and I even managed to get my first pic ever of the elusive Gropper -


Whitethroats are back in numbers now and so were Swifts over the Mere - an estimated 700 or so I'm told. Counted 7 Reed Buntings singing along the path from Wassand past the Mere.

A couple of Sedge Warbler were also singing but I didn't hear any Reed Warblers.

Marsh Harrier just topped everything else!!!!


I'll have to sort out a means of posting my sightings in reasonable time in the near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment