Thursday 7 June 2012

European Roller at Aldborough

I eventually managed to get over to Hornsea today and went down to Aldborough to see if the Roller was still there and it was to my relief. Had good views through the scope as it moved from place to place catching insects, showing its wonderful markings as it flew.
 I didn't manage to get a flight shot but a few record photos from a distance were obtained -


While I was watching the Roller a hare came running along the field edge and stopped about 2 feet from from where I was hidden by the long grass. It sat there for a few seconds and I had my best ever close up view of a hare. I couldn't get a photo even if I'd dared to move to position the camera, as the lens I had on wouldn't focus that close!
As it finally spotted I was there and ran off I got a few photos of its back-end lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment