Tuesday 7 May 2013

Hornsea Mere Monday 6 May

A great morning for a walk so off I went round the Mere to see what was about.

Sedge Warblers were singing everywhere it seemed and I counted 17 individuals on my way on the south side of the Mere. Fabulous little birds and each one has a slightly different variation on the same song.

I heard my first Cuckoo of the year but the song was coming from over the north side so I didn't chase off to try and catch sight of it!

The only other notable bird was a Lesser Whitethroat being its usual elusive self and only providing brief glimpses, but I was able to get reasonable views, enough to give a positive id.

Other birds:
Great Spotted Woodpecker - 3
Whitethroat - 6
Chiffchaff - 9
Willow Warbler - 5
Blackcap - 1
Linnet - c.15
Tree Sparrow - 2
Long-tailed Tit - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment