Saturday 5 January 2013

Hornsea and Filey

A walk on the cliffs this morning yielded 7 Reed Bunting and not a lot else. The weather was good and warm and dry so it was really enjoyable to be out in the fresh air. The Reed Buntings just wouldn't come out onto an outer branch so I had to content myself with these -



We went to Filey Brigg in the afternoon and because there were so many people around as it was good weather, low tide and weekend I didn't expect a great deal. A few additions to the year list and I'll try again for Purple Sand :)

Oystercatcher - lots
Turnstone - lots
Redshank - lots
Guillemot - 1
Fulmar - 12
Grey Wagtail - 1
+usual gulls and corvids





3 comments:

  1. Like the Oystercatcher and Turnstones Jeff,are these seen at the coast regularly,I've not seen a Turnstone yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Danny, Oystercatcher, Redshank and Turnstone are all regularly seen on the Brigg and all down the North Yorks coast. They can also be seen on the grass if you park in the Filey Brigg Country Park car park and wander around. Purple Sandpiper are pretty easy to find as well in more secluded spots on the Nth Yorks coast, poking around in the seaweed with Turnstones and Oycs.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info Jeff,all I have to do now is persuade my dad that a trip to the coast is well
      over due,thanks again.

      Delete