Sunday 24 February 2013

Med Gull at Scarborough

As I've been unable to get out walking for the past 10 days or so, I decided to get in a bit of lazy birding.

Yesterday morning I drove to Hornsea Mere to see the Great Northern Diver and the Black-necked Grebe. Both were there, with the Diver providing good views through the scope in good light. The Grebe however was not as obliging but still had a decent view of the bird. Two good birds without walking more than 20 yards from my invalid carriage aka the car :)

This morning a trip to Scarborough was rewarded with several Mediterranean Gulls -
Med Gull
Med Gull
I also had a look round the harbour but there was nothing of note this morning (although I was unable to get up to look over the harbour wall).

Turnstone
Turnstone

No comments:

Post a Comment